Monday, January 23, 2012

New Year, New Stressors

So my last post was about how much progress we were having with decorating our house. I think we are still doing pretty danged good with filling it. For Christmas we got splatter bowls, silverware, 4 place settings, glasses, pots/pans, Christmas serving plates/ place mats, board games, spices, utensils and then got some decorations for next year. While in Arizona we got more board games, a knife set, pizza stone and cutter, more pots/pans, nesting bowls, a cute scented oil holder, and measuring cups. I really feel like we have everything we need for day to day living. For the most part.

We took a trip to Jordan's Furniture to see what we will end up spending on a sofa, table, bed, etc... Wow! I knew furniture was expensive but this place took it to a whole other level!! We saw some amazing stuff like a memory foam sleeper sofa that would be awesome to save space in a studio. It was perfect until we saw the $3000 price tag. We saw other couches for a thousand bucks and some for even more! We saw chairs that were upwards of a thousand. So this whole furniture thing is really stressing us out. We have no bed, no couch, no table and chairs, no night stand. Nothing. I don't expect perfection for our first place but I would like something in general!

Our apartment hunt has also left us empty handed. We are narrowing down where we are looking and have decided on the Salem, Peabody, Lynn area but will go as far as Reading and North Andover if we need to. We looked at a one bedroom apartment that was gorgeous, had all stainless steel appliances, came with a flat screen TV and had an ocean view. We fell in love. Unfortunately it was $1250 a month plus utilities and heat. We saw another updated 1 bedroom in the building that was $1050 and then a studio that was $850. I don't mind a studio but for $850 a month I feel like we could have gotten a lot more than these apartments could offer. We are continuing to search the internet and paper for more deals but some places aren't showing apartments renting in May until March! For people who want to get their lives in line early on this is pretty inconvenient.

This next semester is going to be so tough on me. I am taking 5 classes plus working 3 jobs, all while planning our wedding and trying to find a big girl job. I am working on my resume and cover letter and hoping to find something soon! The more time that passes the more stressed out I get. So hopefully I find something soon and finish this semester strong.

So, we are still pretty much in the exact same place that we were last year but with dishes and lingerie, ha. Hopefully these next few months are good to us.

No comments: