I think one of the really fun things about being married to Ben is watching him start to catch on to my little habits. I have been noticing it more and more and it is so funny just to see the gears start to move in his cute little head :)
For instance, yesterday we went grocery shopping. But not before I made a meal schedule for the whole week. Which then turned into a Word document with a table and shopping list-categorized by produce, meats, etc... So we get to the grocery store and we strategically grab our items in the order that I have set out. During our trip Ben keeps putting things in the cart, which I then reorganize. He keeps looking at me like I am crazy. I am. We finally get to the check out and he starts to put things on the belt. I stop him. That is my job. He watches as I place things in groups-veggies, cans, boxed items, dairy and cold foods, crushables. Then, I see it happening. He starts thinking about what is happening. Finally he asks what it is all about. Obviously, I do this so the people bagging my groceries know which items to bag together! haha. He finds this interesting and adorable, of course, and then we move on.
It is so funny to see how we live together since we both have two very different systems. I am constantly closing cabinet doors, closing the shower curtain, turning off lights, aligning utensils, organizing pots and pans, etc... He just laughs, probably wondering why he married the insane lady with banana-rainbow hair. I think after a few months he will start living by my system. But until then I guess I will just have to love him just the way he is :)
No comments:
Post a Comment