Wow! I just realized that I have been seriously slacking on the marriage updates! SO, why not a real quick crash update on the Clarkes!
November:
As some may know, Ben and I were training to run a 5k in Andover, The Fester 5. We did go with a few friends, but we did not run it! We probably gave up training in October since we were getting really lazy about going to the gym. We spent Thanksgiving Day with my mom, brother, and his wife at their apartment. Although the drive out to Worcester always sucks, it was nice to spend time with my family. Ben also made me my own holiday, Wife-o-saurus-rex day. The whole day was dinosaur themed, including my card, breakfast and lunch. Ben even made a video of him reading my card; it's basically ridiculous. You can find the video on my Facebook. Moving on..
December:
The snow took its time showing up, which was lovely. Ben and I wanted to surprise my family in Arizona by showing up for Christmas, but decided we should give them a little notice. So we sent them an announcement in the mail and they were so excited that we were coming home. Right before we went, I cut my hair off and donated it to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths. I love donating my hair every few years. I love the new look, but most of all helping make a difference in someone's road to recovery. We had an absolute blast in Arizona, at so much Mexican food, and missed the first snow storm in Massachusetts!
January:
Since my hair was cut crooked, I got it cut the second we got back from AZ. Unfortunately, the girl who "fixed" it also made it worse in a new way. So never going back. Work started getting really crazy since application season started. Man, I would give anything for a break! Ben started his first semester of graduate school at Simmons' Applied Behavior Analysis program and also started a second job as an in home consultant for a young girl with autism. He took the job for more experience and luckily not because we needed the extra money. But boy will that extra money be nice! Now maybe we can actually start saving again! And he brought me chocolates and flowers for our 4 year anniversary. So sweet that he still wants to celebrate our dating days :)
February:
The apartment below us was opening up so we decided to apply for it. Our apartment was great and we loved it, but it was time to finally have some more space. For Valentine's day I got to go on a hot date with the dentist and get some cavities filled. That was awesome. Or not. So we really didn't do much, just made a little dinner for ourselves. I think that we have always tried to keep it low key. Ben is really great about expressing his love every other day of the year so I don't really need a holiday for that :)
March:
We got the apartment, but spent forever waiting for the old tenant to move out. By the end of the month we got notice that we could move in, but only had a few days to do so. So over the chaos of Easter weekend, we moved in to the new apartment, moved out of and cleaned up the old apartment, and hosted Easter dinner. Craziness. Really, nothing else too exciting happened that I can think of. We live a pretty low key life and don't get to go out and do much. I started volunteering as a group facilitator for Parents Helping Parents, a support group aimed to reduce child abuse. My group is pretty difficult to work with but I am doing my best.
April:
Finally, getting up to date! The apartment is great. It is so weird having so much extra space! Now we are just trying to decorate it and get everything unpacked. That is the sucky part! I just wish it would decorate and unpack itself!!! Ben is almost done with his first semester and I am just aching to go back to school! I just want to get it over with! Having Ben in school is making everything really hectic since he has to stay up late to study. I hate it. I can't wait til this semester is over!
I will post pictures of things later on, just thought I would give a quick update!
<3 clarke="" p="" team="">3>
No comments:
Post a Comment